ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Tender moments from kabini

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tender moments from kabini

A suckling baby langur looks at the world curiously from the safety of its mother's lap, a beautiful moment that I was fortunate to capture at Nagarahole forest.

Gray langurs or Hanuman langurs are large and fairly terrestrial; inhabiting forest, open lightly wooded habitats, and urban areas on the Indian subcontinent. These langurs are largely gray (some more yellowi
    sh), with a black face and ears, most species are found at low to moderate altitudes.
    Langurs are diurnal.They sleep during the night in trees but also on man-made structures like towers and electric poles when in human settlements. When resting in trees, they generally prefer the highest branches. Langurs are preyed upon by leopards, dholes and tigers. Wolves, jackals, some raptors like CHE and pythons may also prey on langurs.
    There has always been a good friendly relationship between the langurs and chitals, langurs drop a lot of food like fruits, leaves from trees and chital feast on it. While a predator is around langurs give a warning or alarm call and ensure the chitals are alert of the threat.

Canon 1D Mark IV, Canon f4 500mm lens
    EXIF - ISO 800 Av 8 Tv 1/160 sec, EC +0.3, almost full frame
    Rajiv Gandhi National Park, Nagarahole, Kabini
    Nov'12
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A nice tender moment. The vertical composition looks good. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Nice bond recorded nicely. The infant is allowed to suckle for quite a long by mother langur.
    Association between chital and langur is a treat to watch. Chital's hearing is very acute and it can listen to many sounds and raises alarm, when necessary.
    Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Thread Information