[D7000 + 300f4 ]

1/2000 sec; f/5.6; ISO 400
    [Almost uncropped; basic photoshop]
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice head on angle. Good eye contact and details. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Looks like you just cropped the wild buffalo to fill the frame. We are all used to the 35mm format ie. 1.5 ratio 36mm by 24mm. Even though the digital sensors are mostly smaller, they have maintained this aspect ration. So when we crop the iamge, care should be taken to crop keeping this aspect ratio. If not, there should be a very good reason for changing the ratio as the viewer immediately notices.

The framing is tight. There is virtually no space at the top. Some more space at the bottom would have strengthened the image.

It appears that you were at a higher angle than the wild buffalo, so despite the cropping to show the head, the eye level perspective is not achieved.

You seem to be posting RGB images. The idea is to shoot in RGB and post images in sRGB.

You may have posted an image larger than 300kb.

Why 1/2000 second shutter speed? Instead if you would have used one stop lower shutter speed ie. 1/1000, then you would have got a one stop narrow aperture ie. f8 instead of f5.6. So you would have got more depth of field and more areas of the body in focus. Closeup shots need more details so that the viewer can appreciate. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the reviews....

Mr Sabyasachi Patra - Thanks for your valuable reviews... the image was 16:9 from camera, changed it to 4:3...

though not much crop was used, but ya there was some space above head and below was available which I should have kept...
    I just keep colours to default rgb, next time I'll try srgb... thanks...
    I took the shot at aperture priority and some were in light and some were in shade, so I chose iso 400 and no lower, though I should had used f8... as it was closeup, so tried to reduce dof as even at f8 the full body wouldnot be in focus...

Thread Information