ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Prabalmachi, Maharashtra

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Prabalmachi, Maharashtra

Prabalmachi is a small village at the base of Fort Prabalgadh in Maharashtra.

The beauty of this place is in its remote location. One has to park the car and trek up for about 45 minute to reach the village.
    Like any remote location in Maharashtra, this place is gorgeous and abundant with wildlife. I saw scats of a largish predator, perhaps a Leopard, quite common in these areas, or a wolf etc?

I also saw shikras, asian paradise flycatchers, heard calls of what sounded like francolins etc. Couldn't shoot more because I only had my FujiFilm X1Pro with 18mm (equivalent of 27mm) F2.

This shot was from the same camera (I love this camera), F8, 1/500, ISO 200.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice composition. The branches on the left and right top and sides frame the hill nicely. Good to know that this place is relatively undisturbed and is home to wildlife. What time was this photographed? Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nicely framed. This would look even better in less harsh light.

TFS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Summer, roughly 11 am, when the sun already gets top-pish. There are still a few places left like this, however, with the proliferation of low cost personal cars and information explosion on the web, these are prone to cohorts of touristy traffic on holidays.

In fact this place has almost daily round of 'trekkers' moving up and down in teams of 10-40.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The peak at the center framed by the trees from both the sides look nice. Agree about the light. With increasing tourist flow it will be difficult to maintain the wilderness of the place . Thanks for sharing the details.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I somehow find the mid summer light of Maharashtra very interesting. I will post another image soon.

We always look for early morning light/late evening, winter etc, but we are a summer nation and I am beginning to find a unique indigenous aesthetic in the mid day summer light. This image is not the right representative, I agree.

Thread Information