Thread: Hello People!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Hello People!

Hi! I am Harshit Singh! I'm an avid (fanatic could be more apt) birdwatcher and I'm doing my first year BSc. in Zoology at St. Xavier's, Mumbai though I'm really from Delhi.

Apart from birding I've been quite deep in Wildlife Filming and photography for quite some time now and learnt mostly from my uncle. However, only after a long time and finally when I had to make decision in grade 10 with my courses did I realize what I really wanted to do. I haven't looked back since then and have been involved more than anything in wildlife conservation (birds almost always though!) and along the sidelines in filming and photographing them pretty seriously.
    I plan to take up a course in Wildlife filmmaking or Wildlife documentary after my BSc. (which I took up when I realized the BBC NHU doesn't give permanent jobs to anyone with a non biological science background XD - Having said that - it doesn't mean I don't enjoy studying zoology )

I was quite excited when I found a Indian Wildlife Filming community as I am pursuing the field seriously. [(Source: I watched the A Call in the Rainforest trailer and landed up here) - it's funny how I never came across it before!]

Being a student still - my gear is meager, though the heart isn't - I can say I know how to get the most out of what I have. In places where I can't venture yet, I choose to keep at bay for a while (such as Audio, in time I'll get something decent but for now instead of using the horror DSLR audio is I prefer to use background music and In line mikes with my PC for overlays rather than get natural sounds - I know I've been missing quite some stuff!)

I look forward to get along with people here both online and offline(in field!) and hope to learn more from all you people here at IndiaWilds!

Gear:
    Video: Canon EOS 60D (with Magic Lantern v2.3) with Tamron 70-300mm LD (1992) with a Tamron 2x Teleconverter (Yes it is indeed very meager )

Canon EF 300mm f2.8L with 2x Extender (On a borrow basis from my Uncle but it is a rare thing honestly - doesn't mean though it isn't a great thing )

Canon EOS 350D ( B-body for photography)

and other stuff I'm in no mood to state unnecessarily
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Harshit Singh; 10-10-2014 at 01:14 PM.

Thread Information