contact IndiaWilds
Home
About
Diary
Forums
Gallery
ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Close Encounter with Dhikala Tiger Family (2)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Close Encounter with Dhikala Tiger Family (2)

Further to my last (http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/sho...a-Tiger-Family) the dhikala male walked onto the forest beat path to our right side. We could not see him but could hear his deep guttural growl, slowly moving away to the far side. We decided to move from motasal and shift to thandi sadak between no. 3 fire line and leedkhalia road. Without wasting time we reached to the position where we anticipated the tiger to reappear and waited for a minute or so. We saw a deer jumping out of the bushes from our right and started running towards our gypsy, the minute deer was next to our gypsy we saw this young cub dashing out of the bushes and sprinting directly towards us. Two seconds later two more tigers came out and started running after a second deer and third one leaped out from our right to left after a third deer that leaped a fraction of second before the tiger. I was actually spellbound and did not know which shot to take. Will post few more action shots soon.

The image could have been better, you need to consider being amateur photographer, undergoing experience of lifetime, especially after clicking this shot one chital and tiger leaped from right to left across, less than a meter away from the bonnet of our gypsy, I was totally awed and lost my concentration on the camera. In fact the change of air pressure due to 200 kg mass flying @ about 60 km/hr just few meter ahead of me moved my full body, with one single sound all at same time by my family members "ooooahhhh wooooowww...".

Nikon D 7000, Nikor 300 F 2.8, @ 300mm f/3.2, 1/640 s, ISO 200
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information