ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Kanha Times. Jun 2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Kanha Times. Jun 2015

Umarpaani's ( Sub Adult Male ) : I Dare You, Yes I Do!!!

Canon 5d Mark III + Canon 100-400
    ISO 500, F/9, 1/640s @ 220mm
    50% cropped

Critiques Welcome

Jun 2015
    Mukki Zone, Kanha National Park, Madhya Pradesh
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems it was annoyed on the gypsy's. I would have liked a bit more space all around as it is 50% crop. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

The snarling expression nicely photographed. The message which the male intended to convey may be more reflective in a habitat image, wish you have that too. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agree with all of ur points but here i wanted to show the expression closely, thts why cropped

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont you dare enter my territory- it seems to be saying... inspite of the crop this image is up close and personal...thanks for sharing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Agree with the previous comments. Why shoot in wide angle, if the image was to be cropped?

The best photographs are made in the field, not behind the computer.

Often photographers want to capture a tiger snarling as that brings lot of "oohs" and "aahs" in photosharing sites. So there are many instances of gypsies moving close, making sound etc to elicit this expression. Long back when I was starting out in wildlife photography, I too was thinking that it is important to capture such an image. With more of awareness, hopefully photographers will not try to make a tiger snarl. One should remember that the best images are made when the subject is comfortable. Unfortunately with too many tourists inside the forests, the animals don't get their space and remain comfortable.

Wildlife photography is also not about chasing an animal. One needs to click when the light is right. In this image, the tiger is in shade. A couple of paces ahead of this spot, the tiger would have been in light and the image would have been much better. Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Dada

thanks for your Critiques

i Understand best photographs are made in Field, What i did in this Pic rather than Cropping, i did not do any cloning, just did a bit of sharpness, cropped it which most of us do

I shot wide angle coz when i started shooting tiger was standing and all of a sudden he started moving towards right and after that there was a tree and then bushes so that dint give me a chance to shoot him , so when something like this happens and when you are in field and when there is Tiger in front of you, you forget about checking the settings and shoot it and i quite liked the expression when i zoomed in and saw the image in my camera's LCD and thought of posting it like that

And there was only my gypsy which saw this particular tiger and nor did we chase or made the Tiger uncomfortable, to get the desired expression. he started walking towards the right, vanished into the bushes and sat inside in a shade.

thanks all of you for your critique, will try to incorporate when i am in wild next and try to better myself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just to remind you that for editorial applications for example in news agencies even cropping is not allowed. So anyone with any higher aspirations from photography beyond the "likes", ought to keep that in mind.

I always believe that your photo is what you saw through your lens. Look through your lens, visualise it, compose it, click it.

I am not accusing you of deliberately provoking the tiger. I was just stating the facts that this happens too often. Discussing it here makes our readers aware about it and help shape their behaviour.

I have seen that often people forget everything infront of a tiger. So if possible the first few times one shouldn't attempt to photograph a tiger. Photo will remain in the hard drive, till it crashes and would be forgotten. Memories are for a lifetime. Just watch the tiger to your heart's content, understand some of the basic behaviours and then you will realise where the tiger is going to move next. So one can position the vehicle accordingly and wait for the tiger to click that nice image. Of course when there are too many jeeps, one cannot move and reposition.

In the initial days, one can play a game with himself/herself by trying to predict the course of action of the animal. If you get it right, then you get a huge satisfaction and that boosts the confidence as well.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Thread Information