Hi all,

I finally am in need of an upgrade from my 6 year old 500D, which now has a faltering flash and LCD.

I was considering a 70D as an upgrade, as this would also give me a much-needed upgrade in the burst frame rate. I then also found out about the 760D & 80D. I would still lean towards the 70D, but would like to know more about this camera (and the other two) from members who might have tried them.

I also considered a full switch to Nikon, because my field research camera is a borrowed D3100, with which I am immensely happy, especially with high ISO performance. I have only two Canon lenses (the 100mm Macro USM and the 18-55mm kit lens) to sell off if I do make a switch. However, I am at the same time very much in love with the 100 Macro and that, combined with the fact that Nikon's equivalent micro lens is much more expensive, makes me reconsider making a brand switch. I also fear selling off the 100 Macro because the cost of this lens keeps shooting up, and I do not want to get into the trouble of having to buy one afresh in the future!

I have to make a decision and a purchase within this week. I would be grateful for any advice and help.

Thanks!