contact IndiaWilds
Home
About
Diary
Forums
Gallery
ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Indian Wolf with Black Buck Kill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Indian Wolf with Black Buck Kill.

This was a wonderful unexpected sighting at Velvadar.There are 23 wolves in Velvadar and it is very difficult to sight even a single one.On one morning safari we suddenly saw this wolf in relentless pursuit of a pack of female bucks.The pursuit lasted for 5 minutes .The momentum and speed of the chase could be compared to that of the cheetah chasing its prey in Africa. We thought the bucks would get away .But the stamina and speed of the wolf was stupendous.The wolf isolated and pursued a single female and in a flash had and brought her down with a single leap in a cloud of dust.All this took place far beyond the scope of any lens.But luckily he moved with the kill towards a copse of Keekar trees which came within clicking distance.Posting one image. Nikon 7100+150-600mm ISO 1100 F/8 1/1000s
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Mrudul Godbole; 17-01-2018 at 04:14 PM. Reason: corrected as suggested

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nice to know about wolves and the story unfolded at Velvadar.We normally dont see much of the Wolf photos in India.I had been to Gujrat recently but was not aware of this place!Good take!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Amazing jungle drama recorded. Pound by pound the leopard is considered as a powerful hunter, but the wolf is not lagging far behind. Photograph of three lifetimes*. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild * 'It requires three lives if you want to see India' - Prof. John Kenneth Galbraith once said. I presume in three lifetimes, one may expect to see such a jungle drama unfolded before him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Wow Shyamala! Wow! Am so happy that you sighted this amazing drama. This is indeed a sighting of a lifetime. When was this sighting?

I agree with Sakti da. It will need several lifetimes to cover all the amazing places in India. Thanks a ton for sharing this.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabyasachi Patra View Post
    Wow Shyamala! Wow! Am so happy that you sighted this amazing drama. This is indeed a sighting of a lifetime. When was this sighting?

I agree with Sakti da. It will need several lifetimes to cover all the amazing places in India. Thanks a ton for sharing this.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    This took place on Jan 13th 2018.There was no sun.It was a cold cloudy wintry morning.I would like to clarify that the chase, kill, and the dragging away of the kill, took about five mins and not ten mins as I had stated in my post.If possible please make the correction. Thank you,Sabyasachi, Saktidaji and Shankar for the valuable feedback.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your new year started with a bang . Amazing natural history moment witnessed and photographed. Never knew that a wolf can pursuit and win against a blackbuck. Look forward to more in the series. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amazing sighting, well documented and well narrated. Nice pic which will find its place amongst the rare collections.

Thanks for sharing

Rajan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Shyamala ji
    This is a winner.... Experience of lifetime. Love to see more frames of this drama in natural history section. Thanks a lot to you for sharing this moment with us.
    Samrat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks Mrudul, Rajan and Samrat for the valuable feedback.I am posting the hunt sequence in the natural history section.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amazing..it's truly amazing sighting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most beautiful thing about this picture is the background which makes the image look so proper for the viewers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Dear Ma'am, you deserve every bit of it and more. It's truly a dream sequence that you saw. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thank you Dheerendra,Roshni and Subhash for your valuable feedback.

Thread Information