Home
About
Diary
Forums
Gallery
ContactUs

Thread: Painted spurfowl RTR diary May-18

Default Painted spurfowl RTR diary May-18

Sometimes common subjects makes good images when placed at right place at right lighting .
    Here Painted spurfowl came out of dense bush while we were waiting at the water hole due to alarm call.
    Canon EOS 5D M IV , Canon 500mm f/4 IS L USM , 1/1000 , f/8 , ISO-800 , Hand held , -1/3 step.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It would have been awesome if a sliver of light would have illuminated the bird. That would have made the image great. The rocks in the background do take away the attention a bit due to their lighter colour scheme. No amount of toning down the brightness can help as colours play a big role in directing our attention. A bit more brightness would have been nice.

Posting a black and white version.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Normally our focus is only on the bigger mammals and we miss some interesting sightings like this. The vertical composition looks good. Agree if it was just a 2-3 steps ahead, you might have got the light on it. But that can be difficult to judge before hand. If you have a series of photographs, you might have one when it is in light. Thanks for sharing.

Liked the b/w composition also.

Thread Information