User Tag List

Thread: The delicate and beautiful bloom of the rocks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default The delicate and beautiful bloom of the rocks

ID: Rock Begonia(Begonia crenata)

One of the most common herb seen around during the monsoon season, missing out framing them this year, these bloom along the rocky patches(especially on rocks) along the western ghat and the Sanjay Gandhi national park areas(mostly where I have encountered them). These flowers usually grow just about a foot off the rocky surface and, usually, have a pinkish hue, surrounded by the lush and bright green, low lying leaves. Mostly seen with tiny droplets of rain, along the western ghats, due to the consistent showers during their blooming period, these always have s sense of delicate drama on it, like the tiny ones in this frame. Its interesting to notice the variation of petals that these beauties possess, on a rock there could be a few with 4 visible petals while other could have 5-6 petals, though would like to clarify that I am not an expert in botany nor am I educated enough from the point of view of the anatomy of this plant, so I may not be aware why such variation exists.

EXIF:
    Canon 80D
    Canon 100mm macro
    F/8
    Shutterspeed 1/125
    ISO 320
    Handheld, External flash fired

Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Such common flowers, but we don't observe them closely. Good details, but I feel a narrower aperture would have helped to enhance the composition further. Would love to see it in its natural surroundings. Thanks for sharing the detailed information.

Thread Information