User Tag List

Thread: The hair raising beauty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default The hair raising beauty

ID: Monkey Orb weaver(Neoscona Sp.)

Usually seen in this posture along the trails, these nocturnal spiders can be spotted resting in the daytime, making it easy to frame them. These typically can be seen in this Padmasana type posture, almost making it missed out due to the hairy/thorny legs and abdomen, for amateur sight. Known to be active in the night time/after sunset, it would be interesting to observe them in action in the darker part of the day.

EXIF:
    Canon 80D
    Canon 100mm macro +Raynox
    F/14
    Shutterspeed 1/200
    ISO 400
    Handheld, External flash fired

Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The legs with the horns can be eaily mistaken for being part of the plant. How many eyes it has? I could see 4 in a line and two more at the top. The two big ones below them, covered with hair, are also eyes? Very interesting species. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have come back to this image several times to wonder how to improve it further. At such close distances, it is tough to get more depth of field as you were already at f14. Stopping down further by another stop would reduce the light and impact the shutter speed. Some form of tripod support would have also helped. Also, at such narrow apertures sensor dust becomes obvious. In this case because of the light fall off and dark background, we can't readily see any dust spots. Overall, I like the perspective. The image works because of it. How much of crop is it? Did you click a vertical? Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Sir, i guess this was cropped done by 30%
    I didnt try vertical framing as the flash was firing from the hot shoe, so wasnt sure if half sided lighting could have worked

Thread Information