User Tag List

Thread: Wide view of Koodal theertham

Basically from Chidambaram,Tamil nadu, Currently in Bangalore, Karnataka
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wide view of Koodal theertham

f-7.1, SS-1/125, Iso-100, Canon eos 1000d..
    a part of the image is underexposed and another part is over exposed..i dint know how to alter this..i feel bit harder with DSLR adjustments..its difficult to fix the correct Shutter speed and aperture for every shot..i keep on taking many shots continuously with different adjustments..most of the shots are either over exposed or under exposed...unlike the digital cameras, DSLR has so many apertures and SS. am confused which suits the scene..as am new to SLR world,am struggling a bit..how to fix it pls suggest..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Dr Hari Venkatesh K R; 01-02-2010 at 10:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An easier and more widely used option is to use the aperture priority mode. here you just set the aperture required and the camera calculates the reqd shutter speed. In case there is contrasty light or you feel the image isnt exposing right then you can dial in exposure compensation to get the exposure right.
    For more info do check this thread http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2098

THIS IMAGE: The contrasty light is a bit of a bother here. Also the image isnt horizontal, the water flow direction gives an feeling of incompleteness in the image. The scene is of course lovely. Kudos to you for visualising it.
    Regards,
    Bibhav Behera
    www.bibhavbehera.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with Bibhav's views. Which mode are you presently using? Using the Av mode as Bibhav has suggested will help. Also using Lightroom to process your images will help. You will be able to view the histogram and process the images accordingly. Check this thread - http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2006

When you click an image, do check the preview in the camera to see which parts of the image are over or underexposed. Then you can give a exposure compensation to get it right in the next photograph.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Thread Information