ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Updated Photo uploading instructions for Members

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Updated Photo uploading instructions for Members

For detailed instructions download the attached word document prepared by Mrudul. It contains screenshots.

Members can upload only one photo per thread. Please keep in mind that this forum is meant to post, critique Images of all mammals, wild and free, that are not restrained in any manner. Images should not be taken in captivity or under controlled conditions.

To start a new thread and upload your photo, please follow these steps:-

1) Click on the Post New Thread button.

2 ) A window would open. Fill up the Title. Type in your message and the details of ISO, aperture, shutter speed, camera, lens etc. Remember these details will help in critiquing the image better.

3 ) Click on the attachment sign in the toolbar of the editor which is adjacent to the smile icon.

4) A new window will open.

5) Select the file to be uploaded from your computer by clicking the browse button.

6) Make sure the photo to be uploaded is (.jpg) and of max 300kb file size. Also you have to ensure that the longest side of the photo is 1024 pixels. If your photo is either larger than 300kb or the longest side is longer than 1024 pixels, then the software will resize it and the quality will be lost.

7) Click on the Upload button after the file is selected.

8) After successfull uploading the attached file will be displayed in the box below in the window.

9) Close the box once the file is seen in the attachment box.

10) Click on the Preview Post button. It would show exactly the way your post would appear. You can do any editing if required.

11) Click on the Submit New Thread button.

It is that simple. Enjoy. And don't forget to comment on others photographs as well. Give them a chance to learn from your experience as well.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Problem attaching photos from iPad

I'm using the apple iPad. On this device, I am unable to upload an image from the iPad (the 'choose file' button is grayed out). is this a known limitation for iPads?

For my previous post in the "who's who" section, I used my son's laptop. Do let me know if someone is aware of the iPad issue. The other available option is to upload from a URL. If that's the only solution, I'll try to find online space to upload pictures from, when needed.

Looking forward to suggestions.

Thanks!
    James

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

I don't know why the problem should come. Did you make sure you were logged in? I will try to check this issue if there is any difference while logging from an Ipad. Will get back on this soon. Thanks for letting us know.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Inbuilt Browser Incompatibility

May be your ipad's browser may be incompatible... check for some other browser and see if it works... Its the browser that displays the website. There's No Fault with your Ipad..

Good Luck

Thread Information