0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tiger attacked by cow dies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

A natural phenomenon where a hunter and the hunted played their individual role(s).

It was a mystery to Jim Corbett in 1931-32 when he observed that injury inflicted by Porcupine quills was the possible cause of Mohan's Tiger becoming a Man-eater.He wrote:

"...why animals with the intelligence and agility of tigers should have been so careless as to drive the quills deep into themselves, or be so slow in their movements as to permit porcupines-whose only method of defending themselves is by walking backwords-to do so and further,why the quills should have broken off short,for porcupine quills are not brittle.

Leopards are just as partial to porcupines as our hill tigers are, but they do not get quills stuck in them, for they kill porcupines-as I have seen-by catching them by the head; and why tigers do not employ the same safe and obvious method of killing as leopards employ, and so avoid injury to themselves, is a mystery to me."-Jim Corbett

It reminds us that it has remained a mystery even today.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Thread Information