Thread: in search of musk

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Bhargava,
    I had mentioned the reason while posting. Your contention is that as per rule book, subject should not be at the centre of the frame as off centred composition looks more dynamic.

The subject here is physically at the centre of the image. However, one has to look at the composition and the elements in the image. If you see the image, it is nicely framed by rock on the left and top. And then there is an undulating line formed by rocks and frames the musk deer. So the image doesn't appear to be static to me. I find no reason to create an off-centre composition just for the sake of it.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

By retaining the vertical rock at the left frame edge, the quality of the composition of the photograph has been enhanced. It has also made a positive impact by creating an Optical Illusion.The open space in front of the Musk Deer looks much more than what it actually is.SaktiWild
    Last edited by Saktipada Panigrahi; 28-10-2011 at 10:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Musk deer

Its a beautiful photograph. The uncropped image by Sabyasachi has given dynamism to the frame with the vertical rock 'holding' the picture. What a place....we are thinking of visiting Namdhapa...are the higher regions there anything like this?

at Yingkiong, Upper Siang District, Arunachal Pradesh
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaustuv Chatterjee View Post
    Its a beautiful photograph. The uncropped image by Sabyasachi has given dynamism to the frame with the vertical rock 'holding' the picture. What a place....we are thinking of visiting Namdhapa...are the higher regions there anything like this?
    Thank you, Kaustuv. i haven't been to Namdapha as yet but mountains to the height of musk deer habitat aren't in available there. the region is basically hilly & i think is part of Patkai range. wish you a wonderful time at Namdapha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Kaling

Thread Information