Thread: Need new SLR

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Manasi,
    The best value will be when you buy the 550D (body only) and a 100mm f2.8 L USM macro lens. Use this lens to shoot macro (insects, flowers etc), mammals and general purpose photography.

Most of the times the kit lens (18-55) etc can immediately give you a focal length range. However, in the longrun, better to buy only the best and one at a time. That will help you in saving money as well as learning the characteristics of each lens well.

Remember, the 100mm f2.8 macro lens is great and in the right hands can produce fantastic results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hii

Thanks All,

I will be getting Canon 550D body..but lenses i am still doing R&D..Can anyone tell me how is Canon 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM?Does it provide good results?i want a lens solely for the purpose of wildlife so do not wish to go for 18-55 or 18-135 rte now. i will be getting 100mm macro later.want 2 buy good lens first time.

Thanks and Regards,
    Manasi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 70-300 is decent but 100-400 is the one you need

Hi,

I'm in the same or similar stage as you are. The only difference is that I already have bought the cam and you are yet to. 70-300 IS USM is a decent lens and comes in around 40K, it is always better to wait for a bit and invest in the best lens possible for you. In that sense I would recommend to go for 100-400L or wait until it fits in your budget. If you are eager to get the cam, you may look at 55-250 which would save you some cash(its only 12K) but I do not recommend these two lens(55-250/70-300) either. 100-400L is the most recommended wildlife lens and I have heard people say that they have been using it for years which means it will stay with for a lifetime while you keep on upgrading the cam as you desire.

Regards & Happy clicking
    Krishnadas N Mallya

Thread Information