User Tag List

Thread: Sloth bears

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

When I went to this place about 5 years back, I had no idea that they do baiting. Human intervention has to be left to a minimum. Rather than baiting, they have to find out how to increase the habitat quality so that sloth bears can get food throughout the year. Most of the times when we stop our cars in the highways to buy amla, berries, custard apple, guava etc we are only taking away food from sloth bears and others.

On the issue of baiting wildlife Dipankar had described an incident : Leopards of Bera - Indiawilds: Land of the Tiger. Conservation, Wildlife Photography, Communities

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I must categorically agree with the points raised here. It has been heartening to read all conservation related posts on Indiawilds and update myself with some news happening around the country's wildlife habitat. However, I have a feeling that with so many enthusiastic and knowledgeable members on board, being confined to mere online discussion of conservation related problems won't suffice our purpose. Isn't it about time to form a group that attempts at working on the field and helping make more efficient conservation efforts? When that happens, be sure that I will be among the first ones to bring up the case in point and try to work with the forest dept. to better the situation in Daroji.

Cheers
    Bhargava

Thread Information