This image reminds me of one of my images of B2 of Bandhavgarh. You did a nice job of hiding the radio collar.

Nice to see this one and hear the details. I haven't been to Sariska since Dec 2004. During that visit, I had doubted that there were any tigers as the only pugmark we saw was of a leopard in three days. There were no alarm calls or warning signs of a predator. Piglets were numerous and were seen every where. After that it came out in papers that all the tigers were wiped out. Never felt like visiting Sariska after that.

I also hate watching tigers in a radio collar as ethically I am against it. I maintain this despite scientists saying that radio collar is important and anyone who raises their voice is against conservation. A tiger was not born with a radio collar. In US, they mandate rapists, criminals and "aliens" ie. people from other nations who are to be extradited by placing a radio tage around their ankle. I feel sad watching a majestic creature like a tiger. So I don't feel like going to Sariska.

The villagers are still there. The tourism traffic to pandupole is increasing rather than decreasing. So despite placing so many guards, the disaster will happen anytime. The mining mafia still influences the Government and they are loathe to openly take action against the illegal mining mafia.

It is sad to hear that vehicles travel at breakneck speeds.

The long term solution is to have more forest guards patrol in the forests, relocate villages from the interior of Sariska, curtain tourism traffic, and overall create a corridor between Ranthambhore and Sariska for natural dispersal of tigers and other wildlife. The last mentioned will be a huge task. I am not sure if the present political leadership is capable enough for such tasks.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi