User Tag List

Thread: Gib

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gib

Dear All,
    A Male Great Indian Bustard from the Naliya Grasslands in Kutch, Gujarat. Classified as endangered by the IUCN, there are fewer than a hundred birds estimated to be surviving in India. Though widespread in the grasslands of western and central India in the beginning in the 20th century, the magnificent bird has been restricted to three pockets in India, Desert national park Jaisalmer (70 individuals), Naliya in kutch (20 Individuals) and Solapur (10 Individuals).

Its difficult times for this the heaviest flying Bird in the world, Once in the running to be named the national Bird of India but discarded due its name and the possibility of it being mis-pronounced.

EOS 50D+ 300f4 + 1.4xII @ f9, 1/400 ISO 200.

Look forward to comments.

Cheers
    Dipankar
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The running pose looks lovely. Wish you had a slightly higher shutter speed. Was f9 required here?
    TFS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Nice Action Photograph of a Rare and Magnificient Bird . Habitat (grassland/dry scrub)and natural colour have been well documented.A Male Great Indian Bustard weighs nearly TWICE that of the Female(dimorphism).
    Courtship display of the Male is a Treat to Eyes .Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild
    Last edited by Saktipada Panigrahi; 30-07-2011 at 10:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice running pose. Good to see an image of the Great Indian Bustard. It is endangered as its habitat is depleting at a rapid rate. The denotification process of sanctuaries sheltering this magnificent bird is on. Tough times for the Great India Bustard.

Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Thanks for sharing the image of such a rare bird. The details you provided were quite informative.
    As Abhishek suggested, a higher shutter speed or lower shutter speed with panning affect would have been more dramatic. But these are just my humble thoughts only as I don't have any clue about the situation you had to undergo to get the shot of this rare species.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice environment photograph. The running pose looks nice. Maybe you could tried increasing the ISO to 400. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A rare sighting

Agree with comments made. I personally like this image. I'm not sure if I will ver see this bird!

tfs
    Bhargava

Thread Information