ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Malabar Pit Viper#2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Malabar Pit Viper#2

I recently traveled to Amboli, a small hill station on south of Maharashtra and just an hours drive from my hometown Belgaum. The trip was exclusively made to shoot some rare Amphibians and Reptiles endemic to the Western Ghats and on top of the list was Malabar Pit Viper. Most of these Amphibians and Reptiles are nocturnal and active during night and of them Malabar Pit Viper is spotted mostly in monsoons. This image was shot late night using external flash. For complete insight on this trip you may wish to visit my blog, looks like I am not allowed to publish my link here, however you can find the same on Face Book as well.

Camera - Canon EOS 1D Mark IV, Canon f 2.8 L MACRO 100mm Macro lens + Canon 580Ex II Flash
    Av 8
    Tv 1/60
    ISO 1600
    EC - 3
    Focal length 100mm
    Cropped
    Handheld
    Date and Time : 16th August'12 @ 11:43pm
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The tongue flicking action looks nice. Good details. Thanks for sharing.

P.S - Posting external links is not allowed in the forum as the objective of the forum is to document and record more information in one place. It would be appreciated if you could post the report in the wilderness area section, as that would help more people to read it and also the information would be available at a single place. When in future if anyone needs to check the details that would be available in the forum.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice eye contact.

The rule is very clear and is equally applicable to all - irrespective of friends or acquaintances.

Quoting the relevant portion of the rule "Linking to other forums, advertising and soliciting viewers to visit other blogs, web page, image gallery is not allowed."

As Mrudul has mentioned, the idea among other things is to build the finest repository of knowledge, experiences and foster community building. As a community we can have the power to make a difference in saving our wilderness and wildlife. If everybody starts self-promoting community building takes back seat. Hence, from the first day this rule has been there, so that people know about it and there is no unpleasant situation.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sabyasachi i don't intend to promote my blog, the idea was to share my experience & the wonderful species Amboli has to offer. I am sure many wouldn't have even known where Amboli is. I don't think such a detailed explanation was needed. I am quite sensible and didn't even challenge or argue with you or Mrudul as to why my link is not allowed. And more importantly as a publisher I didn't expect you to make this statement "The rule is very clear and is equally applicable to all - irrespective of friends or acquaintances".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Praveen,

Hmmm... I tried to clarify and it got misunderstood. Actually, recently this rule was administered for some new members and didn't want to be seen relaxing it for friends. That is the reason why I mentioned that it was the same for friends as well as acquaintances. I didn't mean it in any other way.

Look forward to more from Amboli.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sabyasachi, thanks for the clarifications, much appreciated

Thread Information