User Tag List

Thread: Incoming Bee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Incoming Bee

Yellow banded Bee.. Flight Freeze.

I wanted the front view and I actually got the shot..though, It is Challenging to shot in Flight, it take me an half hour to captured.
    But, not a perfect shot for me. I was missing my diffuser. but feels good after seeing result.
    Happy To share with you all.

With
    Canon 550D-100mm Macro.
    F:8.0,
    ISO:100,
    SS:1/200s,
    Built in flash. Handheld.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Fantastic. The focus is just right. Is it full frame or a crop? Would like to hear how you planned and executed this.
    TFS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Abhishekh,

Technique is Simple. "Concentration."
    Most of us seen that this Bees hovering on the flowers or near plants steam which the area is fix. but movement is contionuns different.

Now, If you have slow auto focus lens. than Focusing in manual mode is good Idea ( but more difficult to shoot) and If you have quick auto focus lens than its good to shoot in auto focus.
    And Tripod is not necessary.

most of bee circle around the flowers or plants steam, in this circle bee hover at some point, but no fix angle, for 1 or 2 seconds only. mark this point and take a position or angle. when bee comes to point, focus it and press it. Remember you have to all this things in max 2 second or less.(That why quick auto focus lens is better.) One Should have proper concentration on movement of bee.

Now, To freeze Wings of bee. In built in flash not possible to freeze the whole wings. Big flashes needed. which increase shutter speed. and freeze the wings.

This image is Crop, approx 50%. it is easy to take full frame image with bee and flower composition, in this it will not focus on one subject.

But, It is really really difficult to take full frame image in Flight. For Full Frame image of Hover bee, one should be totally close to bee with 100% steady. ( bee fly off to other flowers when any disturbance seen.) (Depends on Lenses.)

Though it is not Impossible.. Patience paid off.

Hope this help.
    Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice one. May be you can post a wider composition with less crop, as there is pixellation in the background.

For large crops I wonder why do you need to use a macro lens?

Waiting near a flowering plant is the right approach. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabyasachi Patra View Post
    Nice one. May be you can post a wider composition with less crop, as there is pixellation in the background.

For large crops I wonder why do you need to use a macro lens?

Waiting near a flowering plant is the right approach. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Thanks You Sabyasachi,

I crop because I like to magnifying my Subject to saw clearly Details in Body,
    If its full frame Than No Issue. (Now, I am Using ET For Full Frame image and More Magnify the Subject.) But for Some Subject Its hard to get Full Frame Image Like this, Flying bee If you only Concentrate on Bee. but as I said, Its not Impossible.

Same Shot Taken my friend, in Full Frame with Nikon 70-300mm VR. When I saw the Result. Bee is unsharp. if he get focus on time than his image will be Huge.

Now My next mission will be Full frame image of this Flying bee With Only Macro lens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely. Your patience did pay off. Good details. Nice clean background. You would get a full frame soon . Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wonderfully captured.Amazing what one can achieve with dedication and concentration

Regards

Thread Information