Thread: Tiger in waynad wildlife sanctuary shot dead

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tiger in waynad wildlife sanctuary shot dead

sad to hear the news that the tiger was shot dead as per govt.orders. officials from kerala and karnataka took part in this operation. it was given tranquilizer shots two times which had not effect as per the reports and it was shot. idiots!

http://www.manoramanews.com/cgi-bin/...entId=12946115

Tiger shot dead in Kerala
    PTI Wayanad, Kerala, December 02, 2012

A tiger, which had been on the prowl in some areas in the Wayanad district in since the last couple of weeks was killed, official sources said.
    The presence of the tiger has terrorised people in Naikkatty, Kottamkara and Muthanga areas in the district. It had also killed a few domestic animals including a cow, officials said.

Despite combing operations by a special task force from Kerala and also expert team from Karnataka, the tiger was evading capture by moving places, despite all out efforts made by forest officials and the people to trap it.
    The tiger was spotted at about 8.15am at Thelapparmbu in Moolamkavu and the combing team fired tranquiliser at the tiger.

However, it fled the scene and later was found in a nearby coffee plantation.

Again it was given another shot of tranquiliser and was found dead.

A couple of weeks back, a 15-year old tiger, which had stayed into Thirunelly and killed four cows, was trapped in a cage by the forest officials and later released iit on the Kerala-Karnataka border.
    Last edited by Mrudul Godbole; 02-12-2012 at 12:24 PM.

Thread Information