ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Affectionate and Protective Langoors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Affectionate and Protective Langoors

We were going around looking for the Panderponi tigers and at one of the cross roads we came across lot of langoors playing in the middle of the road..we stopped to click few images of baby langoors and within minutes a strong alarm call was given by one of the watchman (langoor) of the jungle from the top.. within seconds all the langoors disappeared. This mom/dad or kid were still on the road to assess which side to run... in the mean time baby was trying to run in the direction rest of the langoors were running and the elder one was dragging the kid close it itself and finally had to hold firmly so that the younger fellow doesnt run into unsafe area..

I should have cropped the other langoor in the frame which is out of focus... will do that later :-)

Camera Model Canon EOS 60D
    Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/800
    Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
    ISO Speed 400
    Lens EF300mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x III
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice behavior captured. Liked the way the mother is holding the baby firmly. I don't think the monkey in the corner is very distracting. Cropping it out would make the composition tight, I prefer it this way. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Alarm call. Fraction of a second left for taking a crucial decision. Hind portion of the baby blocked by left leg. Front by right hand. She is THE MOTHER.

I do not know whether you have already seen, but will definitely see in future, how the mother* catches or holds on to the tail of the baby not to allow it straying from her side in such a situation or while drinking.
    Nice document. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

*may be another female
    Last edited by Saktipada Panigrahi; 06-12-2012 at 03:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ironically, first I saw the behaviour of a langur restraining its baby by holding its tail in a railway station. I was sitting absent minded when my dad pointed it to me. It is important to be a keen observer.

The image is a bit brighter. Reducing the colour temperature will be enhance the image.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Thread Information