ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Conservation of past wild treasure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Conservation of past wild treasure

I was going through TOI and came across this article. This is an article published in TOI on 03/02/2013 regarding the wilds that existed around 100 million years ago. Although this is unbelievable, the evidence on the ground requires active participation of forestry department as well as other government bodies to conserve this past wild treasure.

I Hope this is interesting to some of you.
    JABALPUR/INDORE: Dinosaur eggs that are millions of years old are being sold for as little as Rs 500 in Madhya Pradesh's fossil-rich Dhar-Mandla belt. In the international market, say experts, they fetch close to Rs 1 crore.

So rampant has the smuggling of the eggs dating back to the Cretaceous period 145 to 66 million years ago become that a nervous Madhya Pradesh government has set afoot plans to introduce the Fossils Preservation Act that might come in handy to prevent the dubious trade. The draft of the law, says a senior forest official, has already been sent to the law department for whetting.
    For further details check the source article:
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...w/18311424.cms

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Though this has come to light several years ago, the Government hasn't taken enough steps to prevent the fossils from being looted. The eggs are bought and then transported abroad after rapping it in some scrap materials in containers. Organised gangs are involved. I hope that the relics of the past are protected.

Thread Information