ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Bluebull female

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bluebull female

Bulebull female. Shot in Ranthambhore. This image was nothing special as it was taken on a very foggy morning. I converted it to B/W but liked it better in sepia.

50D + 500mm@f/4 + ISO 250 + 1/800
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beautiful. Sharp. I like the sepia look. It gives a nice feeling of the foggy morning. Is this a full frame? I would have liked a bit more space at the bottom to include its imaginary legs .

Keep posting..
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear you Mrudul about the space for the legs, but unfortunately, this is the full frame. When we moved our gypsy a bit to get a better composition, she walked off. Lesson learned for me: Use 100-400 in such situations :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree about the legless animal, but this image is so good that I'll forgive you the spelling error in the title

An excellent image, thanks for sharing. You could also try a blue-toned duotone of this.

Apana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The sepia gives it a good feel. The image is sharp. good one. Did you upload a low size file ? because there seems to be a bit of pixellation in the background...
    Regards,
    Bibhav Behera
    www.bibhavbehera.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi Kartikeya,
    I love the feel of the image. Sepia tint looks good here. I agree that some more space would have been good. At times even with a 500 mm you wish for a lesser lens.

I like the rim lighting around it. It would have been great without those two trees just at the back of the Sambar. I wish to see a sepia image in a wide angle setting.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Apana, for bringing the error to my notice . I don't know how to edit the original post to edit the title. Can't see the edit button on that post.

Thanks Bibhav, yes I have uploaded the image to fit the upload requirements. I could have uploaded a slightly better quality picture but for that I would have to link it from an external site etc.

Thanks Sabyasachi, I need to be more conscious of composition. Though I would not call 100-400 as a lesser lens just shorter Hopefully next time I go, I will have a new 24-105mm L with me .

Cheers,
    Kartik

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi Kartikeya,
    You need to go to edit, advanced and then change the subject. I corrected the spelling. The 24-105 should be a welcome addition for those landscapes and animal in landcape images. Will wait for those images.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Thread Information