ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Dhole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dhole

Another picture of the Dhole with a very high ISO. With this, i will take a break on the mammals and head for the birds :-)

400D, 100-400 EFL, F6, 1/80, ISO 800, hand held at 310mm

regards
    Rajan
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The noise is evident on this image, especially in the BG. A tad more space to the left would have been nice.

Apana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I wish you would have seen it in better light. ISO 800 in the 400D is bound to give more noise. I would try a bean bag, lower ISO and mirror lock up. Ofcourse, with other tourists jumping in the vehicle, can't say about the outcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree Sabyasachi and Apana

I tried everything this time. For this shot of the same animal, which i thought was a nice frame and a good low level angle, i used a bean bag, locked the mirror and asked the driver to switch off the vehicle . . . . yet, i think the noise is visible behind the animal and the image is not sharp either . . .

In fact, on this trip, i got some good birds which i will post soon, but the intermittent rains and ever cloudy climate was a major handicap, for my 400D (more reason to upgrade . . . . :-))

(i am posting a second image on the same thread to continue the relevance of the bean bag and mirror lock - hopee it is ok)

400D, Canon 100-400, F5.6, ISO 1600, 1/40 (EC+2) Bean bag supported at 320 mm with mirror locked up!!!

regards
    Rajan
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Rajan,
    This is not sharp. I think the camera has moved.

I will post some tiger images clicked at 800mm at 1/40 sec with mirror lockup. However, I ensure that the driver, guide etc don't move. One can't ensure, but repeated instructions helps.

Without mirror lock up, one can just press the eye and face into the camera, breathe out and then click.

Did you use a remote release or did you press the shutter with your fingers?

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i used a remote release . . .

regards
    Rajan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ideally, this should have been sharp. Not sure why. At times, when there is a strong wind, the camera and lens straps may swing in the air and cause vibrations. During those times, it is better to push your face and eye into the back side of the camera, breathe out, and then press the mirror lock up.

Ofcourse, all this is negated, when someone else is moving.

I guess the bean bag is heavy enough and was not moving. I am still not sure, why this image didn't come sharp, especially since you were using 320mm.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Thread Information