Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi Ahiraj,
    Welcome to IndiaWilds!

A nice first post.

I found the following Exif details from your image:ISO 100, f8, 1/80.

In 40D, You can increase the ISO beyond ISO 100. ISO 200 would have given you 1/160 th of second and would have been better. I am assuming you were handholding. A higher shutter speed will also ensure, more details in the image.

The flash is well controlled. I am surprised that at f8, the background is blurred. Any blurring of background during post processing?

There is a slight gap between the branch and the sky in the lower left corner. You may crop that.

Overall I like this image. You can upload a bigger sized image ie. max 800 pixels on the longest side. Look forward to more images.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabyasachi Patra View Post
    Hi Ahiraj,
    Welcome to IndiaWilds!

A nice first post.

I found the following Exif details from your image:ISO 100, f8, 1/80.

In 40D, You can increase the ISO beyond ISO 100. ISO 200 would have given you 1/160 th of second and would have been better. I am assuming you were handholding. A higher shutter speed will also ensure, more details in the image.

The flash is well controlled. I am surprised that at f8, the background is blurred. Any blurring of background during post processing?

There is a slight gap between the branch and the sky in the lower left corner. You may crop that.

Overall I like this image. You can upload a bigger sized image ie. max 800 pixels on the longest side. Look forward to more images.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Hi Sabyasachi

Your suggestions are really valuable.

I shot this pic in the morning. As u said, i should have increased the ISO beyond 200 to have a fatser shutter speed. But in a hurry i missed it.

Canon 70- 300 IS Lens provide a decent blured background with F8.0. I have not use any post processing technique for blurring background ( i really dont know how peaople do it !)

I am new to photography and learning the techniques. I would really appreciate criticas and suggestions on my pics

Regards
    Ahiraj Bhat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiraj Bhat View Post
    Hi Sabyasachi

Your suggestions are really valuable.

I have not use any post processing technique for blurring background ( i really dont know how peaople do it !)

I am new to photography and learning the techniques. I would really appreciate criticas and suggestions on my pics

Regards
    Ahiraj Bhat
    Ahiraj,
    I am sure you will learn a lot here. Wildlife photography is a lifelong learning. Be honest with your work and you will see your progress up.

I don't clone. It is against my ethics. I have seen a few good photographers stagnating because they are placing more emphasis on cloning rather than polishing their skills. I think it is better to be attentive in the field rather than clone later.

Try to look at the images posted and visualise yourself and think what you would have done in that situation. That helps a lot in learning. Look forward to more images and your thoughts in the various discussions.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Ahiraj,

Welcome to IndiaWilds.

Nice first post. Sharp. Liked the eye contact. Photographing with the sky in background is a bit difficult. Agree with the comments above. Look forward to see more of your images.

Keep posting..
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice image Ahiraj. I like the catchlight in the eye.
    Regards,
    Bibhav Behera
    www.bibhavbehera.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrudul Godbole View Post
    Hi Ahiraj,

Welcome to IndiaWilds.

Nice first post. Sharp. Liked the eye contact. Photographing with the sky in background is a bit difficult. Agree with the comments above. Look forward to see more of your images.

Keep posting..
    Thank You Mrudul

Thread Information