Default groundlevel warrior

canon 450,tamron 90mm,f-3.2,1/100,iso-200
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Dr.Jitendra Katre

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The colour looks good. The viewer is transported to the ground level view.

The depth of field is shallow due to the f3.2 aperture. I think moving slightly to the left would have been good as the camera would have been parallel to the front of the crab. At the moment the critical focus seems to be on the grass and the right eye (left in the frame) is also in covered. With shallow depth of field, you have to keep on experimenting to get the right mood. In short, this is a good image, and can become even better. I am liking your macros. Look forward to more. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The low angle is great. The colours and the eye contact is nice. I liked the water droplets near it, gives a feel of the monsoons. Look forward to more. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the low angle. Moving a bit to the left to align with the crab's body would have been good. Agree with Sabyasachi on the DOF. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Bibhav Behera
    www.bibhavbehera.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A very interesting shot, but I find the DOF a little confusing. It looks like the grass in the centre foreground is in focus, but the pincers are not and they appear to be further back in the shot. I'm sure it is an optical illusion and the claws are closer to us than the grass is, but it feels a bit disturbing.
    Perhaps you could have bumped the ISO up to 400 and set the aperture at f8 to keep the shallow DOF but allow the whole crab to be in focus? A bit of fill flash would have added to the overall by putting a catch light in the crab's eye and would have allowed a smaller aperture. You would need to try with and without the flash, however, as it may have made the grass glare and be too distracting.
    As Sabyasachi said, a move to the left would have helped the composition by giving the crab some space to move into.

Thread Information