ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Bhitarkanika Series 2nd post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bhitarkanika Series 2nd post

Got the picture of this Asian open bill captured while carrying the nesting material.It was a dream of mine to see the nesting site which is otherwise known as "BAGA GAHANA". In fact in Oriya we call egret as Baga. But there were none. Might be given the name by the villagers.

Asian open bill nesting is considered as the onset of monsoon in Orissa. There are several places where these birds choose big trees with many branches as their favored nesting site. Nandan Kanan (bank of the lake), Dhanmandal (Two trees in-front of railway station now protected by the community), and this place "Baga Gahana", thousands assemble for the nesting and after the monsoon they fly away to other places.( I know only these).One has to see the scene to believe about the presence of around 40-50 thousand birds nesting at a time at Baga Gahana.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lovely scene. Nicely composed. Avoiding the OOF foreground leaves would have been even better. The sharpness requires a boost.
    TFS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is nice to see so many birs breeding. Wish the depth of field was more. Thanks for sharing the information. Look forward to more.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Good to see lot of birds. Am not sure what is the issue. The image lacks sharpness. Any issue in converting?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sure is a lot of birds. Do check if you uploaded an image greater than the file size limit of 300kb or 800 pixels.
    Regards,
    Bibhav Behera
    www.bibhavbehera.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow terrific scene here. would love to see those storks in thousands. agree with earlier comments about picture.
    - Regards,
    Amit Kalele
    http://amitkalele.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I will upload the sharp picture and others soon.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I am sorry actually it might be my mistake. The unsharp pic might be during the conversion.

I will upload the sharp version and others soon.I will be heading to explore Mahendragiri, parlakhemundi on a biodiversity study of flora and fauna today.Will be back on 29th of this month and will upload some more of BagaGahana and Bhitarkanika.

@Sabya Bhai...... I would have got a king cobra if i were lucky.Will have to wait next year as the mass nesting at Bagagahan is over due to lack of rain.The openbill have abandoned that area. The sighting of snakes and monitors are great under the nesting trees as these reptiles gather under the trees to eat the egg or the chicks.So let us see.

I would suggest a two days outing to Bhitarkanika during this winter for migratory birds , crocodiles, kingfishers etc. for Indiawilds members where we will get the photographic oportunities and the expert guidance of you as well as some noted photographers on the spot. Also we can discuss about the conservation initiatives in whatever little way we can do. Have a thought to it for a weekend tour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default This is the Original image

posting the original image.hope you all will like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The repost looks better. Bhitarkanika seems to be good idea. I have not been there before. How long does it take from Bangalore? I would certainly like to join after October, once I am back .
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Thread Information