ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Wood Sandpiper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wood Sandpiper

One of the relatively common sandpipers, especially during the season. This was cooperative fella and gave some good shots while sunbathing.

Clicked in Pune (Kavdi) with EOS 7D, 400mm f/5.6L @ f/6.3, 1/640, ISO 250. Clicked lying flat on ground with bean bag support while waiting for Shovelers to show up. C&C most welcome!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards,
    Tushar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow .Simply great!! Best image in Indwild I have so far seen.Is it the magic of 7D or 400mm f5.6 or both together .TFS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! This is nice Tushar. The eye contact and details have come out well. The head turn and the low angle is nice. Bg is rocking
    tfs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lying flat on the ground has helped . Nice eye contact and pose. I think reducing the saturation a bit would be good. It is nice you got a clean background, as last time I visited the place, it was very crowded (birds and people) and the place was not that clean, so getting a clean background was difficult.

P.S - Did you photograph this on the banks of the river? How is the place now? When I went there last year, I could see that people are dirtying it and there was lot of garabage (bottles, plastics) thrown in the river. Will upload an image soon which I clicked there. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice low angle. That increases the intimacy of the image. I guess there is some cloning done? How much of crop is this? One needs to be patient to get subjects upclose. Why ISO 250? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everyone for comments and suggestions!

Nice low angle. That increases the intimacy of the image. I guess there is some cloning done? How much of crop is this? One needs to be patient to get subjects upclose. Why ISO 250? Thanks for sharing.
    Sabyasachi, I've not used cloning while processing this shot. This fella landed just to our left and was quite comfortable. This is approximately 80% of the original. I cropped it to eliminate some cement structure towards the right side. In case of support like bean bag and a relatively static subject (mainly ducks), I prefer low ISO is early morning (100 or 200). Intention here was ISO 200, I seem to have set 250 inadvertently
    Regards,
    Tushar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Mrudul!

Did you photograph this on the banks of the river? How is the place now? When I went there last year, I could see that people are dirtying it and there was lot of garabage (bottles, plastics) thrown in the river. Will upload an image soon which I clicked there.
    Kavdi continues to be a kind of gutter - best example of what happens to the garbage that we throw without a thought. It's an irony that still we have so many birds visiting it. It was clicked on the banks of the river and thick vegetation around hid any garbage around. Challenge at this place is not to get the bird but to avoid the garbage! However one can still find spots which with patience can yield good shots. I will upload few in coming days (Grebe is from Kavdi too).
    Regards,
    Tushar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great catch love the colours and frame .

Moharli, Tadoba TR & Chandrapur, Maharashtra, India
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice image, Tushar.......

Thread Information