Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Paddyfield Pipit?

ID anyone?

EXIF:

PENTAX K 10D
    PENTAX smc DA* 300mmF4 ED(IF) SDM + Promaster 'Spectrum 7' 1.7X Teleconverter
    Mode: Av
    Tv: 1/200 sec
    Av: f/6.8 (f/4 X 1.7)
    Sensitivity: ISO 100
    Exposure Compensation: -0.3 ev
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Aditya Panda; 17-03-2009 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Got disconnected while uploading

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Aditya,
    I love the clean background and the composition. I think it is a paddyfield pipit. Where was it photographed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not too sure about the species you clicked. But I'd clicked a Paddyfield Pipit recently, it is somewhat more yellow and has a whitish line over its eyes with brown strokes over its head. Maybe it is one of the warblers.

Lovely composition. I love the straws in focus along with the bird. The bird is nice and sharp.. Good shot. These birds are very frisky and tough to get at one place...
    Last edited by Bibhav Behera; 17-03-2009 at 08:08 PM.
    Regards,
    Bibhav Behera
    www.bibhavbehera.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice composition. I am mentally debating whether cropping out the small stone chip in the foreground (towards extreme right bottom) would make it more precise & impactful. Cropping in that plane would also give more space to the main subject here.

Would love to know the EXIF for it. I think you have mentioned about the equipment used...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabyasachi Patra View Post
    Aditya,
    I love the clean background and the composition. I think it is a paddyfield pipit. Where was it photographed?
    Thank you. The clean background has been the result of shooting at 510mm (300 X 1.7X) at 4.6 feet. I used a car as a hide and managed to have a whale of a time with two of these! It was photographed near the Kausalyaganga wetlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibhav Behera View Post
    I'm not too sure about the species you clicked. But I'd clicked a Paddyfield Pipit recently, it is somewhat more yellow and has a whitish line over its eyes with brown strokes over its head. Maybe it is one of the warblers.

Lovely composition. I love the straws in focus along with the bird. The bird is nice and sharp.. Good shot. These birds are very frisky and tough to get at one place...
    Thanks buddy. But this is definitely a pipit, can't be a possibly be a warbler I think. Talking about sharp, if you notice, there is a sharpness artifact under the tip of the beak, the result of being lazy and PPing a jpeg copy

Quote Originally Posted by Ranbir Mahapatra View Post
    Nice composition. I am mentally debating whether cropping out the small stone chip in the foreground (towards extreme right bottom) would make it more precise & impactful. Cropping in that plane would also give more space to the main subject here.

Would love to know the EXIF for it. I think you have mentioned about the equipment used...
    Yeah, sorry, I got disconnected while uploading the image, so half the info was there and half was missing. Have added the EXIF stuff. Cropping the brick out will leave very little gap behind the bird, I think.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Aditya Panda; 17-03-2009 at 09:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks buddy. But this is definitely a pipit, can't be a possibly be a warbler I think.
    Aditya,
    I'm not too sure but it could be one of the pipits. But its not a Paddyfield that's for sure.

http://orientalbirdimages.org/search...t&Bird_ID=2085
    Regards,
    Bibhav Behera
    www.bibhavbehera.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bibhav Behera View Post
    Aditya,
    I'm not too sure but it could be one of the pipits. But its not a Paddyfield that's for sure.

http://orientalbirdimages.org/search...t&Bird_ID=2085
    Hmmm.... I've been comparing, the beak looks identical, legs and body colouring too look identical, supercillium is also similar, though it can't be made out in my picture, as the bird's feathers are ruffled and the head looks rounder. I think I'm being more and more convinced it is in fact a Paddyfield Pipit. Thanks a ton for the link.

Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sharp bird and FG and a totally blurred BG look great. Lovely image.
    Last edited by Udai Bisht; 18-03-2009 at 07:15 AM. Reason: spelling
    Cheers
    Udai Bisht

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is a Zitting Cisticola. Uploading a photograph taken by me ( bad ) for comparison.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Vikram Nanjappa; 18-03-2009 at 11:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikram Nanjappa View Post
    It is a Zitting Cisticola. Uploading a photograph taken by me ( bad ) for comparison.
    Thanks Vikram, but does the Cisticola spend most of its time on the ground? And isn't it smaller? Will post another picture, from a better angle, so that you can compare.

Cheers!

Thread Information