ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Sunrise in Havelock island-Andamans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sunrise in Havelock island-Andamans

i took this shot early in the morning at 5.37am at Havelock island in Andamans.
    camera-canon 1000d
    ap-20
    sh-1/197 sec
    iso-800
    handheld
    pl let me know whether correct iso is selected.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Uma,
    It is important to use the lowest ISO possible while clicking a landscape image. The landscape doesn't move like an animal or bird, so you can use a slower shutter speed. If you are trying to freeze some waves splashing on a rock then you may use a higher shutter speed. Else, try for a lower shutter speed. The low shutter speed also helps in less noise.

In this case, it would have been great if you could have moved to your left and had the tree on the right side of the frame. The curved branch would have framed the boats well.

Now the tree with the curved branch brings attention to the boat on our left. At the same time, the reflection of the sun and the boat at the right also attracts our attention. So there are two competing points of attention. Better to simplyfy the composition to make it more effective.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the comments. while taking images of sun rise or sun set, the sun will be bright and surrounding areas will be at lesser light. it is a tricky situation, so i thought of using iso 800 keeping surrounding in mind.

no way i could move to the left as it was sea and i was warned not to get into sea because of crocodiles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely sunset. Seems like a beautiful place. Agree with Sabyasachi about the ISO. I think what Sabyasachi, means is you could have placed the tree on the right of the frame. As you have said it was not possible for you to move to the left, you could have turned the camera and composed the frame to have the tree on the right and more space on the left. Presently the tree at the centre kinds of divides the frame. Look forward to more from Andamans. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks Mrudul, I have taken lot of images as andaman is a photographers delight specially landscapes. It is also known for under water photography because of rich coral reef. i will post the images one by one for comments.

Thread Information