ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Bamera on Boxing Day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bamera on Boxing Day

Very pleasant sighting (the only gypsy) of the King in making on the second safari in to the park. For about three minutes we followed him until he gave this look in to the camera and moved in to the bushes.

f5; 1/160; ISO 500; 70-300 @ 200; 20% crop.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely,nice eye contact.You could have included more space to the right and included the whole game track.

Thanks For sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely pose and eye contact. Seems the light was bad. Why focal length of 200mm only? You could have zoomed in further using the full 300mm, so you didn't have to crop later. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bamera on Boxing Day

Bamera was walking in the shade. I was trying to put on the 100-400 when he decided to look back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrudul Godbole View Post
    Lovely pose and eye contact. Seems the light was bad. Why focal length of 200mm only? You could have zoomed in further using the full 300mm, so you didn't have to crop later. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anand ji

I love the look he's giving here. The composition seems fine. May I ask you why you use the 70-300 when you had the 100-400 with you? For all I know, the 100-400 is a L lens that performs significantly better than the 70-300.

Also, I happened to see a tiger claender with the series of images you posted here on Indiawilds, at a bookstore in Hyderabad and it looked gorgeous Good job done there. Now, if I may, the images looked nice and sharp on the calender, but appeared with lesser clarity when viewed on the forum. I am not sure if I can take the liberty to suggest you this, but perhaps, it could be some issue with the processing you do for posting them on the web?

tfs
    Bhargava

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bhargava Srivari View Post
    Anand ji

I love the look he's giving here. The composition seems fine. May I ask you why you use the 70-300 when you had the 100-400 with you? For all I know, the 100-400 is a L lens that performs significantly better than the 70-300.

Also, I happened to see a tiger claender with the series of images you posted here on Indiawilds, at a bookstore in Hyderabad and it looked gorgeous Good job done there. Now, if I may, the images looked nice and sharp on the calender, but appeared with lesser clarity when viewed on the forum. I am not sure if I can take the liberty to suggest you this, but perhaps, it could be some issue with the processing you do for posting them on the web?

tfs
    I have got that calendar. The images posted in the forum were excessive crops, unlike those in the calendar. When you crop, it further exposes the imperfections in the image. So some of the images which were really not sharp, were ok in the calendar, but were looking worse when cropped and posted here.

It is good that you have made the calendar. I can safely say that after a years time, you compare your new images with the old ones and then would realise the amount of progress made. We learn each day. Keep on learning and creating better images. If a few people can get motivated by seeing your pictures, then it would be good. All of us have to make effort in motivating others to save our vanishing wildlife and wilderness areas.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Patraji

The calendar has been well received and there have been inquiries about Tiger Reserves..How to reach........ where to stay......

I am not well conversed with PP. The restrictions on length, width, file size etc. intimidate me and restrict my images as have been advised a lot of friends on photo forums. Of late I post on IW only. My friends get the complete images by email.

Thanks a lot for all your inputs and encouragement. Looking forward to your continued guidance...

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Sabyasachi Patra View Post
    I have got that calendar. The images posted in the forum were excessive crops, unlike those in the calendar. When you crop, it further exposes the imperfections in the image. So some of the images which were really not sharp, were ok in the calendar, but were looking worse when cropped and posted here.

It is good that you have made the calendar. I can safely say that after a years time, you compare your new images with the old ones and then would realise the amount of progress made. We learn each day. Keep on learning and creating better images. If a few people can get motivated by seeing your pictures, then it would be good. All of us have to make effort in motivating others to save our vanishing wildlife and wilderness areas.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Bhargavaji.

The calendar has been well received. Did you buy one? If not you may please collect one from me whenever possible. I live in S 204, Shibas Glen Somajiguda, Kapadia Lane.

Regards

Anand

Quote Originally Posted by Bhargava Srivari View Post
    Anand ji

tfs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Anand. I did buy one because I was excited at seeing a calender by a fellow member of IW So, I'll leave the collecting a calender part to your new calender next year
    Bhargava

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Great looking animal.Like the pose.

TFS
    Roopak

Thread Information