ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Generation Next | A Different Perspective

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Generation Next | A Different Perspective

This is the same cub which has the crooked tail, Sighted this at end of safari and this was not possible without JLR naturalist Mr. Guru, Hats off to his tracking skills. I hope you all like this image and C & C are most welcome.

Focal Length - 300 mm
    F-Number - F/8
    Exposure Time - 1/500 Sec.
    ISO Speed - ISO-320
    Metering Mode - Center Weighted Average
    Exposure Compensation -0.3 Step

Body - Nikon D7000
    Lens - AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED (4.3x)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Joel,
    Subject looking away from the frame rarely work. In this case, the cub is looking away with its head turn visible slightly. It is also in shade. To make the scene difficult, you are directly behind the cub and our gaze goes straight ahead into the space between the two trees. May be if you were more to the right, then the composition would have been different.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabyasachi Patra View Post
    Joel,
    Subject looking away from the frame rarely work. In this case, the cub is looking away with its head turn visible slightly. It is also in shade. To make the scene difficult, you are directly behind the cub and our gaze goes straight ahead into the space between the two trees. May be if you were more to the right, then the composition would have been different.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    Agree Sabyasachi, i was shooting from the left side and there was no way to move to right as the jeep was allready packed.Shot this image under very difficult circumstances

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its always a pleasure to photograph a tiger. Its become quite difficult to photograph with people in jeep and tough lighting conditions. I agree with Sabyasachi about the composition, maybe moving the camera a bit more to the right with less space on the left would have helped. It is also good to use full ISO like 100, 200, 400 than intermediate ISOs. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

I like the caption.This photograph may be telling us a story.The cub is passing through the learning phase of the hunting technique.In this phase it looks at various prey species which its mother had hunted in its full view.It has to decide today, tomorrow or day after which prey animal it should attack with reasonable chance of success (say, 1:10) without causing any injury to itself.The pose reminds me about a photo where two cubs are looking at an adult Gaur from a distance.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild
    Last edited by Saktipada Panigrahi; 27-01-2012 at 11:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to know you guys sighted tiger cubs. Agree with the comments made about composition. Wish the vehicle was parked more the right, so that you may have got a more pleasing composition.

Saktipada ji,

I think I remember the image you are talking about. Is it the one on the cover page of Valmik Thapar's book (image by Sudhir Shivram)?

tfs
    Bhargava

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Bhargava Bhai,
    You are absolutely correct.I did not mention full details as the focus would have been lost.Have you read my comments on the image of the Indian Porcupine posted by our Roopak Bhai?
    Kind regards,
    SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saktipada ji,

Thank you for directing me to the comment you had written to the porcupine image. I had somehow missed reading it earlier. You were very blessed to roam the Indian wild when tourism was not very popular, and I am sure the wildlife you have observed was more 'natural' back then!

Regards
    Bhargava

Thread Information