ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Mirchaini Female sub adult

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mirchaini Female sub adult

This image was taken late evening in very poor light . The tigress was sitting in the shade , but suddenly decided to get up and cross the track . Would have liked the shutter speed to be higher but a higher ISO would have made the image even more noisy.

Nikon D 3100
    Nikkor 55 - 300 VR

exif - f 4.8, 1/125 sec, ISO 800

Bandhavgarh national park, Tala zone, April 2011
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I agree that the shutter speed is slow to arrest subject motion. If light is low, it may be a good idea trying a panning shot.

In this image, there is a strand of grass infront of the eye. Though, I can understand the excitement, given the low burst rate of the camera, you have to be more cautious in clicking the exact moment.

And lastly, at times if the light is low, better to try and enjoy the moment than just clicking and cursing yourself. I am sure you will get many more moments in better light. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Patraji
    I like this. I did just this when Kankati would not stop to look into the camera. Or Bamera when he decided to go for a long walk. On the Xmas day and boxing day of 2011.
    Regards
    Anand
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And lastly, at times if the light is low, better to try and enjoy the moment than just clicking and cursing yourself. I am sure you will get many more moments in better light. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi[/QUOTE]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beautiful one.Decreasing some space in left & increasing some space at right side would had been nice.
    TFS
    Suraj.S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Nice pose and head turn. Eye contact is good.Wish the colour to be more natural.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

P.S.id you find deployment of the Tiger Protection Force?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely image Ajay. The eyes look lovely. Although I agree with what Sabyasachi and others have said, I am with you on this. I would also have tried to capture a moment on my camera no matter how the image turned out to be. All set and done, whenever you look at the image your memories would start pouring in, which is any day more important than a good shot. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice sighting. I liked the backward glance by the tigress. I think you have done well in the given conditions. I agree with the above comments, it is sometimes good to just watch, if you know the shutter speed is too low to get a decent image.
    I have missed photographing a tiger with kill in Bandhavgarh as the light was too low for me to click. I took 1 or two record images but then later, I just kept the camera and watched. At the same time I clicked a civet image in BR hills at 1/8 and 1/6 shutter speed as that was my first sighting and also it is very rare to sight it. You can check it here - Civet Cat - Indiawilds: Land of the Tiger. Conservation, Wildlife Photography, Communities
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the feedback....

Murugan ji ... yes this image is indeed special to me as this was my first tiger sighting in the wild. So as you rightly said it will always remind me of one of my best days in the wild.

Mrudul ... your image of the civet is excellent ... would like to know how you managed that sharpness with such slow shutter speed and that too hand held.

Regards

Ajay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ajay,
    You need to check this tutorial: Indiawilds: Land of the Tiger. Conservation, Wildlife Photography, Communities
    (Members need to login to see this)
    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Thread Information