ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Black Kite just landed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Black Kite just landed

This tree was cut just a couple of days back, now we can see this Black Kite making the most of what is available

Canon 600D. 400mm f5.6
    Manual Exposure
    Manual Focus
    Manual metering
    Shutter Speed 1/1250
    Aperture 5.6
    ISO 400
    Focal Length 400mm
    Cropped by 32%
    Tripod Support
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice landing pose. The eye contact and the wing spread is nice. This is something I see everywhere, all the branches of a tree are cut and only the stump is kept . Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a very good action freeze. Would like to know how to set manual metering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Immaculate timing to click the touch down moment has made this image so beautiful.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the comments.

Yeah, its bit sad that the trees are being cut, unfortunately some construction work has already been started in the area. This is becoming a trend as farmers keep selling their land to builders.

Anand, you can call me on +91-9881578563 and we can discuss regarding manual metering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Atul,
    Nice one. Some more details in the image would have been good. Unfortunately, people keep on chopping off branches for fuel wood as well as to make space for constructions. Good to hear that you have understood manual metering.

Anand babu,
    For photography one can do equally well if one understands metering and dial in the required exposure compensation while shooting either in Av (Aperture priority) or Tv (Shutter priority). However, if you are clicking video with your DSLR, then you have to use Manual. There is no way out. Else, the exposure will change wildly with just a small breeze blowing the branch to give one example.

You can check this tutorial for further details on manual metering: Indiawilds: Land of the Tiger. Conservation, Wildlife Photography, Communities

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Patraji

Thank you. I am, of late, using EC both (-) and (+) jut to see the difference in the image quality and also vary the ISO. 7D has made me use the dials so well.

Regards
    Anand

Quote Originally Posted by Sabyasachi Patra View Post
    Atul,
    Nice one. Some more details in the image would have been good. Unfortunately, people keep on chopping off branches for fuel wood as well as to make space for constructions. Good to hear that you have understood manual metering.

Anand babu,
    For photography one can do equally well if one understands metering and dial in the required exposure compensation while shooting either in Av (Aperture priority) or Tv (Shutter priority). However, if you are clicking video with your DSLR, then you have to use Manual. There is no way out. Else, the exposure will change wildly with just a small breeze blowing the branch to give one example.

You can check this tutorial for further details on manual metering: Indiawilds: Land of the Tiger. Conservation, Wildlife Photography, Communities

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Also you have a look at this tutorial Understanding Histogram and Using it for Correct Exposure: Indiawilds: Land of the Tiger. Conservation, Wildlife Photography, Communities

Thread Information