contact IndiaWilds
Home
About
Diary
Forums
Gallery
ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Ban on Night Traffic in Bandipur...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Lakshmi

Then what is the solution for people living there? Why should they suffer? It is in fact the locals who can play an important role in conservation and protection. It is our duty to ensure that the local communities get economic uplift. I am not saying don't close the road. But before you do, give them an altenate route (not 200 kms longer) and without any time restrictions. I will not like anyone telling me that i cant reach my home after 6 PM.

Anyways, I have a strong case and will take this up in the High Court. It is about fundamental rights of people and that cannot be taken away.

We should not try to protect one at the cost of the other. We should protect both. Achieving that balance is the key.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Economic upliftment cannot happen at the cost of environment damage.

We cannot cultivate in Marina beach or MG Road. We cannot have tigers in Ooty botanical garden or in Mumbai Airport. We cannot have economic development, Stock exchanges, Star Hotels, Shopping Malls, Universities and Industries inside the protected wildlife areas.

A place for everything, everything in its place.

Ramesh, Fundamental rights of people is right to a livable environment both for the present and the future generations. That includes our wildlife also.

Now wildlife shares the 12 hours and we share 12 hours in their place. I think that is the balance.

All emergency vehicles can enter and business can wait.

I don't like my animals getting killed in road accident at night in their place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure Mohan. You have your point of view and I have mine. Lets leave it at that. regards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Night Ban on Railway Tracks??

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...ing-train.html

Our NGOs and Courts have been busy shutting down traffic at night on highways cutting through wildlife habitats.

In the case of Mysore - Mananthavaadi road cutting through Nagarhole National park the road has been closed too even as the DCF of the park has cited only one deer kill that too during day time, in the last 10 years. Inspite of that the road was closed for night traffic.

Why can't the Court close rail traffic in the night on sectors as reported in this news paper article? What are we waiting for? Death of 7 elephants is a very serious matter. Why can't we have a uniform policy/norm? Why is road traffic different from Rail traffic?

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...ing-train.html

Thread Information