ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Langur

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Langur

Sensing movement of tigers langurs were going crazy... running and jumping about. I was mesmerized at their readiness to climb a tree by holding on to the trunk at the ground level. This was a good lesson to me in alarm calls and subsequent sighting of the tigers.

1/400; f5.6; ISO160;70-300@300.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Nice acrobatic leap from one tree to another so well documented.Composition is fine,in my view.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

P.S.:On seeing a tiger or leopard on move,a Langur on the ground run away in silence, more of a hasty sneaking away much less exuberant ,till it climbs up a tree.
    Last edited by Saktipada Panigrahi; 06-03-2012 at 06:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice mid-air pose captured. The b/w composition enhances the textures in the barks. I think a vertical composition including only the two trees on the left would have enhanced the composition further. Using a higher ISO for a narrower aperture would have been good. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mrudul,
    I thought as much about the vertical composition. My story was about the alarm calls and the atmosphere. Now I realise the cropping of the tree on right has not impaired the effect.
    Thank you so much, as always.
    Anand

Quote Originally Posted by Mrudul Godbole View Post
    Nice mid-air pose captured. The b/w composition enhances the textures in the barks. I think a vertical composition including only the two trees on the left would have enhanced the composition further. Using a higher ISO for a narrower aperture would have been good. Thanks for sharing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Langur

Yes, a narrower aperture with a higher ISO would have more or less retained the image quality with enhanced depth of field of the atmosphere in the back ground. Point well taken. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrudul Godbole View Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Langur

Saktida

I will observe the behavior more closely the next time around. Thanks so much.

Anand

Quote Originally Posted by Saktipada Panigrahi View Post
    Nice acrobatic leap from one tree to another so well documented.Composition is fine,in my view.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

P.S.:On seeing a tiger or leopard on move,a Langur on the ground run away in silence, more of a hasty sneaking away much less exuberant ,till it climbs up a tree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice catch,Wish you had a higher shutter speed............
    TFS
    Suraj.S

Thread Information