User Tag List

Thread: Abolish Zoos

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Mrudul Godbole;53433]Royal Bengal Tigress meets gruesome end in Arunachal
    Updated: Wednesday, September 26, 2012, 15:10 [IST]

Although officials are claiming to take severe action against the culprits, however, so far, no arrests are being made in the case.

There was a similar case in Hyderabad a few years back. No one knows the status of the case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Sir,

With all due respect I would like to point out to you that in your latest news letter (Vol. 5, Issue 1) you have written an article on Exotic Wildlife as Pets.

I agree to most of what you have said but there is just one small issue ! Instead of banning everything it should be regulated and regulated properly. Because banning something will mean that people do it illegally and that will only give rise to more bribery and corruption and also animals and birds will have to be smuggled so they will be kept hidden in small and mediocre cages.

Your idea of maintaining a registry with licensing is very good but that should be done to keep a check on breeding and trade instead of banning that also !! If we register and give a license to breed exotic species for trade then it will automatically reduce imports from the wild !

Another thing is that zoos are the worst thing in the world as your this article just states whereas you've written that if someone wants to donate exotic birds to the zoos they should be accepted.

I feel that people if taught properly can take care of animals better than zoos. Of course this goes only for acceptable species as pets.

This is just my honest opinion and I felt I should draw your attention towards it.

Regards,
    Divyaraj.

Thread Information