EXIF: Nikon D5100| f/9| 1/320Sec| ISO 250| 200mm

Shot at Vedanthangal
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to IndiaWilds...!!

Lovely flight image. I liked the wing spread. Nice composition. There seem to be some loss in details. Is this a crop? There are slight highlights in the neck area, you can try to recover the details in post processing. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi Vamsi,
    Welcome to IndiaWilds!

I like the wingspread. This seems like a large crop. The more you crop, the more you will magnify the flaws in the image. In this case, the image is not sharp. One of the reasons would be the 1/320 shutter speed that you have used. A higher shutter speed would have been great.

You have used f9 here. Since the bird is flying virtually overhead, when you point the lens up, the focal plane will be parallel to the bird and will help in giving you adequate depth of field for covering the entire bird. Also since you are using a smaller focal length (250mm), you will get more depth of field.

Slightly lower saturation would be good. Thanks for sharing. How was Vedanthangal this year?

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Thanks Mrudul and Sabyasachi for your comments. this was a 50% crop and reduce the size below 300Kb, reduced the quality. Didn't do much processing. will try the suggestions u mentioned

This was my first at Bird watching.. loved the expression..learnt new things..

we went to Vedanthangal in the the first week of Feb, never been there... but felt wonderful. the sight of so many birds made me forget the world...

@ Sabyasachi Patra can u explain in detail the DOF you were mentioning.. was the focal length set wrong..

Thanks for the critque

Regards,
    Vamsi

Thread Information