ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Sambars Looking on - Wild Dog Kill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sambars Looking on - Wild Dog Kill

This is again one of the images shot in Bandipur during the Wild Dog Kill, The Sambars too were spectators like me right from the start to finish, they too watched the full action & were looking on helplessly, this is "Mother Nature".

In one of the photographs that I shared earlier the dhole got distracted not only by human presence but also due to the Sambars presence that tried to raise alarm calls and ocassionaly hit their feet into water, I have captured those images as well, will share later.

Camera Model Canon EOS 40D
    Shooting Date/Time 8/7/2009 8:54:56 AM
    Shooting Mode Sports
    Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/400
    Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
    Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
    Exposure Compensation 0
    ISO Speed 500
    Lens EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
    Focal Length 400.0 mm
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Praveen,
    Why were you shooting in sports mode? It would capture in jpeg. Better to use AV mode, then select the aperture and the camera would automatically select the shutter. If you find the shutter speed is less for capturing action, then increase the ISO.

It is interesting to know that the Sambars were watching the action from a distance. How many dholes were there?

AJT Johnsingh mentions that dholes chase for about 500meters on a straightline. I saw one chase where one dhole was chasing a deer for more than a kilometer. The speed of both the deer and dhole were amazing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly I still don't have proper handle on Av, Tv or Manual modes each time I try the images turn out to be a big disaster.
    But I fully agree with you and going forward I will start as per your advise. The problem started becoz after buying this high end SLR with lens i did'nt attend any course nor did I attend any work shop. But now I feel I can learn quite a bit here, thanks

Thread Information