Hi Friends

Am Dinesh Kumar from erode, tamilnadu. I work for a telecom major as a channel manager, am a management graduate. My love and passion is automobiles, especially bikes. Am used to tour on bikes, mostly in tamilnadu and kerala, also was doing regular track days till a year back and had aspirations about racing in national championship but work pressures and a dented confidence because of crashes kept me off it. As of now i use my bikes mainly for touring.

Any passionate biker will get into touring so did i, eventually that love in exploring nature has matured as a passion for wildlife. The first time i ventured into a forest was in 2003 during my UG final, a gang of us went to mudhumalai and took a forest safari, i was the one who knew something about wildlife so i assured my friends that we will sure spot a tiger and came back disappointed. The love of tiger spotting grew from then and i slowly learnt that its not easy to spot one and you gotta have almighty's blessings to spot the magnifiecient creature. In 2008 i went to masinagudi and took a jungle trek, asusual didnt spot one, not even a wild boar or sambar etc but this time there was no disappointment as i learned little more about forests and wildlife. After that had took trips to thimbam, wayanad and whatever oppurtunity i get to get into any resrve forest i ve started utilising it. In wayanad trip we actually came across fresh pug marks and i cant control the excitement, thats when our jeep driver told "if we spot a tiger today, you go and buy a lottery as you sure have luck" how true!!

Found this forum during my usual search for next productive trip and instantly registered. I believe i will sure spot one by the end of this year, also this tiger episode taught me lot and my passion for wildlife grew so much that i ve started loving and respecting all animals for what they are and the ecological balance they bring.

Enough of ranting i think, hope to get lot of tips and advise from well informed experienced members.

Cheers
Dinesh