Hi all,
After going through all the posts I gained a lot of information. But I have some doubts..
We blame poachers, they hunt and destroy wildlife. But who are encouraging it? They are not poaching to consume on their own. The main aim is getting some more money out of it. Its the higher society or so called educated mass who buy these for plesure of satisfing their hunger of wild-meat.
Till the demand for the meat is not over poaching can't be stopped. People during discussions proudly say that we had this wild animal/bird's meat, m looking forward to have that animal. They taste so good etc etc..
Superstition in our society also helping it a lot. I won't blame poachers 100% though they are committing a crime and should be punished, how can we punish the people behind the scene who encourage this?
I think only awareness and strict implementation of law can help it. Simultaneously we need to provide alternative livelihoods for the ppl who depend on poaching with which they can meet their basic needs. Otherwise I am scared that this thing can not be stopped.