Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I agree with Mrudul.

50D was announced in Aug 2008.
    7D Sept 1st 2009.
    60D announced in Aug 2010.

Canon created a new series by launching the 7D and the 60D is an attempt to "dumb down" the 50D in to a lower series. 60D was launched two years after the 50D. Earlier the replacement cycle was one and half years. Now one expects that the replacement cycle is about two years. By that logic the 7D should be replaced by Aug/Sept 2011. However, one can expect that to stretch into early 2012.

The new cameras like the 600D etc has articulating LCD screen. Also, the video capability is better. For example, the movie digital zoom feature now launched in 600D is expected to be a part of the 7D replacement as well. It results in getting a full HD image file without line skipping. (the Full HD is 1920 x1080p and hence is much lower in resolution than the senor capability).

Unless and until you are really making money out of your camera and expect the 7D to be used in low light situations, then it doesn't make sense to upgrade to 7D now. Snatching Anu's 5D II would any day be a better bet.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent,
    Any merits in the 70-200 f4 L IS on a crop body ???

I am a bit frustrated with part body shots from the prime, want to include a bit of the Landscape as well. This Focal length should work well with medium and large mammals. Of course there is the 2.8 II as well but thats maybe twice as expensive.

Cheers
    Dipankar

Thread Information