ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Elephants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Elephants

I was on my way back from Namrup.I saw a herd of wild elephants at Bagori range of Kaziranga NP,they were very near to the NH-37(barbed wire fencing was between them & the road).There were about 15-20 in nos.Unaware of noises from onlookers on the road,they were busy in their own job of bathing ,spraying waters & various others

Canon 500D
    150-500mm
    1/160
    f/8
    ISO 400
    Full frame
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice environment photograph. The tall grass gives a nice feel of their habitat. Some less space in the foreground would be good. Did you get any photographs with them spraying the mud? Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

They have an acute sense of hearing as well as good sense of smell. So they would be aware of the people but won't be bothered knowing the distance.

Once, we were in a jeep in bandipur and the elephant and calf were peacefully grazing. They slowly came towards us, and I started clicking in 24 mm. At that moment two jeeps came from both the sides. The elephant immediately felt concerned and mock charged in the opposite direction and ran away. Though I was only a few feet away, the elephant knew that there was no threat from our jeep.

It is always a nice experience watching these magnificent creations of God.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice habitat pic doctor.
    TFS
    Roopak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice habitat....agree that less foreground will be good. The wet looks is good. I had a similar experience in bandipur last year- we were just three photographers in the jeep and a young tusker crossed the track at less then 2 meters distance. We decided to sit quietly and only observe the elephant as our lenses wouldn't ven focus at the distance! Another jeep came from the opp direction and got charged pretty seriously. Apparently, they were at the scene even after we left and the elephant made them go back in reverse a good 2 km!!
    Bhargava

Thread Information