ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Telia Cubs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Telia Cubs

At last i get to see the ever elusive 'tiger' in TATR after a wait of close to 2.5 yrs. And this time around they were there in plenty. In our first safari I came across 5 tiger cubs in 2 different areas. Witnessed some moments of a lifetime like failed hunting attempts by cubs(14 months old ones from the pandharpauni region) and in another situation them getting cozy (8 months cubs from telia). These are images of the little ones from Telia region. The light was bad and had a lot of obstructing leaves on the way and this is all that I could manage.

Tv1/80
    Av 8.0
    EV +1/3
    ISO 800
    Canon 7d, 300 f4 , 1.4xtc II

PS - I strongly believe that the editing could have been much better here and would appreciate if someone can help me with that.

Regards
    Supreet
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Supreet Sahoo; 06-03-2012 at 05:12 PM.
    [url]http://wildescapadesphotography.wordpress.com/[/url]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Supreet,
    Good to know that you had some nice sightings.

Did you click this in vertical or horizontal? How much of a crop is this?

You had a low light and hence low shutter speed. And I guess a couple of excited fellows in your vehicle dying to click and thereby rocking the vehicle. Did you click this handheld?

I think slightly more space at left and less at right would strengthen the image.

In this version, it seems that you have increased the colour temperature, increased contrast and black point. Which software did you use?

I think you have uploaded a file larger than 300kb. I think the quality has dropped because of that. Can you check and upload a smaller version.

After looking at your repost, I can give some suggestions. Look forward to more images.
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oops!! Looks like I did upload a file larger than 300kb, my ignorance. Ive edited the image again and reposting it. I use DPP and transferred it to PS for level adjustments and copyright. Ive reduced the saturation by 1 point in DPP and this is how it looks now. I've also re-framed it with the optimal spacing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Nice image.The cubs look so innocent.If one of them is a male and the other a female, you could have enjoyed their different behavioral pattern.But with so many visitors........Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice one.Looks like there is a puncher mark on its chest(above left leg)...?
    TFS
    Suraj.S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely image supreet. Like the eye contact. The cubs as saktipadaji said are so innocent, yet there is a powerful message through their eyes, i am the tiger and i will rule the jungle. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Supreet!!!! You've done it Congratulations

The second image looks sharper, probably because it is a samller crop. A more rectangular crop would be nice. MAy be I would have sacrificed some DoF to get a higher shutter speed (say I would have preferred to stay at f5.6 and get one cub in critical DoF). Look forward to more images from the trip and of the Pandharpouni family.

Cheers
    Bhargava

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats on your first tiger sighting. Its great to start with cubs . The repost looks good. Agree a higher shutter speed would have helped to get more sharpness. The vertical composition looks nice. Was there lot of gypsy's around? Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys, the sighting was for less than 2 minutes and with overexcited people in our gypsy things were tough. There were also forest guards around to ensure that the cubs are not disturbed by the photographers. I completely agree that a wider aperture at the cost of a losing focus on 1 cub would have payed off better.

Thread Information