ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Bamera on 9 May 2012

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bamera on 9 May 2012

AV; 1/25; f5.6; ISO640;100-400@400; Handheld. Full frame.

I was in Bandhavgarh for four days with splendid weather that was like a hill resort, always cloudy. The morning safaris had a nip in the winds. Lighting was not helpful for good photography. Had good sightings of Van Vai and her cubs, Kankati Cubs, Bamera and Mirchani female in courtship.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very pleased to know about your fruitful trip to Bandhavgarh. I really look forward to seeing images of Banbehi's and Vijaya's cubs.

If I'm not wrong, you use either the 7D or 60D. With both those cameras, with good exposure techniques, one can't go wrong even at ISO 1600. With shutter speeds as low as 1/25sec, if it were me, I would have got a few sharp shots at higer shutter speeds aka high ISO, and then decreased the ISO to 640 to try sharp images at even low shutter speed. All this I say because I see that the tiger was stationary.

tfs
    Bhargava

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I forgot to mention that I availed a joy ride on an elephant and chanced upon him and Mirchani Female. The elephant was not stationary. Thank you for your inputs for future.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All this I say because I see that the tiger was stationary.

tfs[/QUOTE]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to know you had lot of great sightings in Bandhavgarh.
    Nice majestic looking pose. Good eye contact. Seems the light was tricky, there are some highlights on the right side of the face. Giving a -ve EC would have helped. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice image with a royal pose. You are really lucky man. I had also spent 30th Apr to 2nd May '12 at Bandhavgarh. TFS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice to know that you had good time in Bhandavgarh Anand sab. Look foward to a nice series here.

TFS
    Roopak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was about to ask whether you were on an elephant back and then I read your comment.

Light seems to be pretty low. One a swaying elephant, even one stop or so higher would not have significantly increased the shutter speed. Knowing how they pack tourists on top of the elephant, photographing becomes a challenge. We don't even know whether you were shooting straight or turned and shooting above someone's head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bamera

Patraji

They have done away with Elephant Shows. Instead two elephants are ear marked for one hour each ride into the reserve. Mostly these are taken by foreigners. I was lucky to get one (7am to 8am) and the elephant ride lead to where Bamera and Mirchani Female were. Only Geetha and I were there but the rocky terrain and two tigers might have made the elephant sway. Geetha ended up with good video on her iPad2.

These days the drivers and the guides too have become avid photo/video enthusiasts and the gypsies rock too. I had to repeatedly tell them not to move the vehicle.

The lighting was very poor up to 930 am and later after 4 pm. All the four days were like in a hill station with overcast sky and pleasant cool breeze.

Regards

Anand

Quote Originally Posted by Sabyasachi Patra View Post
    Light seems to be pretty low. One a swaying elephant, even one stop or so higher would not have significantly increased the shutter speed. Knowing how they pack tourists on top of the elephant, photographing becomes a challenge. We don't even know whether you were shooting straight or turned and shooting above someone's head.

Thread Information