ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: White Throated Kingfisher

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default White Throated Kingfisher

Shot at Kolkata, f 5.6, SS 1/500, ISO 250..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Good Image.It appears to me that Colour is little Off -Natural.In my view, Sideview of Kingfisher is always more revealing and shows all identification marks well and Life size Image is documented.In this picture,the Head looks Larger than Normal.
    But its always a Luck or chance.Thanks for sharing .SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Tapas,
    Same question. Can you tell us about your post processing? How much is the crop? How did you crop the image? The image looks slightly stretched.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sabyasachiji, I have explained my PP steps in my Shikra post, which u may have missed.

For this WBKF, the original image size was 5184x3456 pixels, size 4.24 MB....I have done a crop to 2400x1800, size reduced to 1.19 MB. Then, in Adobe PS CS3 Extended, I have re-sized it to 800 x 600 Pixels and 72 pixels/inch....a bit change in levels and selective sharpening done......am I following any wrong procedure during cropping in PS? Please advice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It would be better if you shift to RAW. If not, atleast use the sRAW which is a smaller RAW file and gives a semblance of chance for doing corrections without degrading the file.

If you insist on shooting in JPEGs or have jpegs to edit, then better convert those to TIFF. The do what ever corrections on the TIFF and retain those as your master. Then convert the TIFF to the jpeg at 800pixels on the longest side.

Simply saving the jpeg file again and again will degrade the quality. Similarly the more corrections and saving you do to the jpeg file will degrade the quality.

If you find it difficult to work on RAW, then you can simultaneously shoot RAW+Jpeg. You can always revisit your RAW file when you are more conversant with editing.

Thread Information