Thanks for the comments.

Mrudul, she did cross the track. There's a nice little interesting scenario as to why she came out to cross the road that morning; will write about it when I post another image from that morning.

Sabyasachi,

Thank you for the response. While one can understand your concerns about Lantana, giving the impression dismissing the factual state of a harsh summer isn't advisable. Also, the tone of your statement indicates a I-don't-care-what-others-say attitude (at least to me; don't mind me mentioning it) won't go down well with too many people. I know you haven't seen Kabini in the last few weeks, because if you did, your response to the image or its description rather would not be this. I am stating this only because it was from you and Indiawilds that i learned a lot of my wildlife basics and want the forum to flourish to greater heights. Hope you will take it in the right spirit And for clarification, you wouldn't be able to see any lush green trees or patches of grass in the forest, excepting for a small area around the backwaters. It appears you have made a call that I was talking about green lantana just because there is lantana is this image.

Regards

Bhargava